Health & SafetyAt The Nest Day Nursery we take our childrens health & safety seriously
Health & Safety
At The Nest Day Nursery we take our childrens health & safety seriously and have put in place the following measures to make sure our children are cared for in safest possible environment:
- We have a video entry system in place.
- Children will not be allowed to leave with any other adult unless arranged with the child’s parents.
- Risk assessments are in place and carried out on a regular basis.
- Regular fire drills are carried out.
- Coshh reports.
- Registered with environmental health.
- Extensive policy.
- Provision of appropriate information, instruction and training.
- A safe work place.
- Insurance cover.
- Medication policy.
- Outings procedures.
- Infection control procedures.
Jacqui (manager) is the health & safety officer and fire marshall on site.
Adam (Director) health & safety adviser (Nebosh qualified).
All staff will have DBS checks and will sign a staff disqualification declaration before employment, The manager has completed a safer recruitment course. Two references will be required before staff are employed. All staff at level 3 or above will be 12 hour paediatric first aid trained. All staff have safeguarding training and are required to complete 2 online courses per month as part of their continuous professional development. Training also takes part in house, by reading journals, books and magazines, by Zoom conference training and out of house training.
Staff to Child Ratios
under 2 Years: 1:3
2-3 Years: 1:4
3-5 Years: 1:8
We have an extensive health and safety policy which all families will nreceive in their registration pack.