Health & Safety
At The Nest Day Nursery we take our childrens health & safety seriously and have put in place the following measures to make sure our children are cared for in safest possible environment:
- We have a video entry system in place.
- Children will not be allowed to leave with any other adult unless arranged with the child’s parents.
- Risk assessments are in place and carried out on a regular basis.
- Regular fire drills are carried out.
- Coshh reports.
- Registered with the environmental health.
- Extensive policy.
- Provision of appropriate information, instruction and training.
- A safe work place.
- Insurance cover.
- Medication policy.
- Outings procedures.
- Infection control.
Jacqui Yates is the health & safety officer and fire marshall on site.
Adam Yates is the fire and health & safety adviser (Nebosh qualified).
All staff will have DBS checks, two references will be required before they are employed. All staff will be 12 hour paediatric first aid trained.
Staff to Child Ratios
under 2 Years: 1:3
2-3 Years: 1:4
3-5 Years: 1:8
We have an extensive health and safety policy which all families will receive in their registration pack.