Health & Safety
At The Nest Day Nursery we take our childrens health & safety seriously and have put in place the following measures to make sure our children are cared for in safest possible environment:
- We have a video entry system in place.
- Children will not be allowed to leave with any other adult unless arranged with the child’s parents.
- Risk assessments are in place and carried out on a regular basis.
- Regular fire drills are carried out.
- Coshh reports.
- Registered with environmental health.
- Extensive policy.
- Provision of appropriate information, instruction and training.
- A safe work place.
- Insurance cover.
- Medication policy.
- Outings procedures.
- Infection control procedures.
Jacqui Yates is the health & safety officer and fire marshall on site.
Adam Yates is the fire and health & safety adviser (Nebosh qualified).
All staff will have DBS checks, two references will be required before they are employed. All staff at level 3 or above will be 12 hour paediatric first aid trained.
Staff to Child Ratios
under 2 Years: 1:3
2-3 Years: 1:4
3-5 Years: 1:8
We have an extensive health and safety policy which all families will receive in their registration pack.